It can be difficult to get into the swing of exercising, but all of the physical and mental benefits of exercise make it worth the hassle. It doesn’t need to be a hassle though! One way to make exercising easier is by making it enjoyable. Here are a few ideas to make exercising fun:
- Watch exercise videos. If exercising in front of people make you anxious, YouTube videos are a good way to do it in private when you’re alone. Here’s an example of a short 5 min video you can fit into your schedule, whether it be between breaks or as a morning wake-me-up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p0PA9Zt8zk&ab_channel=ChloeTing](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p0PA9Zt8zk&ab_channel=ChloeTing
- Play just dance. If you don’t own a gaming device, it doesn’t have to be expensive either! Just search up a YouTube video for just dance and follow along: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQr79y06poU&ab_channel=JustDance](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQr79y06poU&ab_channel=JustDance
- Work out with a friend. If exercising with other people doesn’t bother you, having a friend to exercise and chat with can make the session speed by.
- Schedule a team game. Get all your friends together for a game of frisbee, spike-ball, volleyball, or anything that floats your boat. Making it a social event keeps you accountable and allows you to get your exercise in and catch up with friends all in one go.
- Do you enjoy nature? Consider going out on nature walks with your family or friends!
- Watch an exciting show while you’re doing cardio. When your attention is on the screen, you’ll barely feel the burn.
- Build your playlist! Having some exciting tunes with high BPM can help make a fast-paced workout exciting. A nice relaxing playlist can set the mood for an enjoyable yoga session. Whatever types of workouts you prefer, fill your playlist up with your favorite songs to match the vibe.
At the end of the day, we all have different ideas of what counts as fun. Let us know in the comments if any of these ideas worked for you, or if you have other ideas for making exercise fun!
By Vanessa Ng