- This event has passed.
Stronger Together: Abuse Group Therapy
March 24 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm EDT
About the Group:
- Have you recently left an abusive relationship?
- Are you looking to understand more about domestic violence and its effects?
- Do you want to learn how to set and enforce healthy boundaries?
In this group you’ll learn:
- How to identify different types of abuse
- What are red flags that abusive behaviour is occurring?
- What are the tactics used by abusers to keep you in the relationship?
- How to set and maintain healthy boundaries and more!
Meet the facilitator: Catherine, MSW, RSW
Catherine has over 15 years of experience working with adults, youth and children. She has experience of domestic violence from a child protection perspective and from a lived experience one. She works from a trauma-informed lens.
Meet the facilitator: Julie, MSW, RSW
Julie has 5+ years of experience assisting women fleeing abusive relationships. Julie understands her anti-violence work through a lens of intersectionality. With experience supporting women attending Family Court, transitional case management, and emergency shelters, Julie brings her expertise of supporting women in all stages of their decision to leave an abusive situation.
- Although this eventbrite shows that this event takes place on March 24, this is a 10-week program that occurs every Friday at 1pm-2:30pm (with the exception of April 7th).
- You will be contacted upon registering to book a 30-minute intake appointment with either Julie or Catherine before beginning the group.