Family Court Advocacy Program
This program aims to provide system navigation support and public legal education to women
Are you navigating the complexities of family court? Our Family Court Advocacy Program at the Women’s Centre of Halton is here to guide you. We believe that informed women are empowered women. Here are some essential resources to help you understand your rights and responsibilities:
Family Law Info Centres
Find a Family Law Information Centre near you.
Steps to Justice
Explore step-by-step guidance on family law matters.
Access valuable legal resources and educational materials
Learn more everything about Family Law Financial Disclosure
Meet our Court Support Advocates
An experienced social service worker and an advocate with over 11 years in the legal field, dedicated to helping you navigate complex situations.
Our passionate family court advocate with a background in criminology and advocacy for women’s rights.
Family Court Advocate at the Centre
Our dedicated Family Court Advocates are here to support you every step of the way. Here’s how we can assist:
- Case Management and System Navigation Support: We provide one-on-one emotional and practical support throughout the family court process.
- Preparing for Court Proceedings: Whether it’s filling out forms or understanding court procedures, we’ve got you covered.
- General Information: We offer insights into family law issues (please note that we do not provide legal advice).
- Exploring Legal Options: Let us help you explore alternative dispute resolution and determine your next steps.
- Accompanying You to Court: When appropriate, we’ll be by your side during court proceedings.
- Referrals and Community Support: We connect you with specialized services and community resources.
- Safety Planning: Post-separation and court-related safety planning are crucial—we’re here to assist.
In addition, we provide personalized support, including:
- Assisting clients in recording the history of abuse for court documentation.
- Supporting clients in following through on requests received from lawyers.
- Debriefing and discussing court outcomes, lawyer appointments, and family law information center meetings.
- Communicating with referral sources about other services based in family court and criminal court.
How to Book an Appointment
- Call: Dial 905-847-9104 or 905-847-5520.
- Express Interest: Let our volunteer know that you’re interested in booking an appointment with a Family Court Advocate.
- Provide Contact Information: They’ll take your number and email address.
Expect a prompt response from Amanda, our Office Manager who will assist you in scheduling your appointment.
Empower yourself with knowledge and support. Reach out today!