Administrative & Marketing Assistant
No opportunities currently exist.
Office Administrative & Outreach Assistant
Terms: 8 week contract, 30 hours per week, starts May 15, 2017
The Women’s Centre is committed to providing support to women in crisis, distress and transition by providing program and support services to effect positive change. The Women’s Centre provides an opportunity for women to learn, grow, and recognize their own strengths and abilities through individual coaching, supportive counselling and workshops.
The Women’s Centre is an equal opportunity employer and looking to hire a passionate, organized office administrative assistant to join our team for the summer. Candidate will work closely with the team to develop and maintain current administrative procedures. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication, organization and time managements skills and the ability to complete projects by deadlines. A strong self-starter with creativity will thrive in this position.
Candidates must be 18 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment, have been registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year and intend to return to school full-time during the next academic year.
Location: Halton Region
– Provide staff support and assistance in administration;
– Conduct research as needed;
– Assist with developing and maintaining current resources;
– Responsible for data entry into the computer logging system;
– Assist with fundraising activities and outreach;
– Assist with on-going programs and activities as needed;
– Maintain necessary records and reports;
– Be present at community outreach displays and information booths;
– Assist with special events;
– A strong understanding of violence against women and women’s issues;
– Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
– Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Related experience or post-secondary education;
- Proven computer literacy;
- A minimum 2-3 years marketing & social media experience;
- Strong interest in women’s issues;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Successful with performing in a multi-tasking environment;
- Work creatively with limited resources;
- Team-oriented with positive attitude;
- Excellent verbal and written;
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail;
– Ability to work flexible hours
Own transportation and fluency in a foreign language is an asset
Interested candidates are required to submit their resumes along with a cover letter to with the heading “Office Administrative and Outreach Assistant” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 9th by 3pm.